BiCon is organised and staffed entirely by volunteers, we really couldn't do it without you.
Volunteering at BiCon is a great way to help shape the event, if you've been before and thought of things you would like to see included we'd love to hear from you and help bring those ideas to life. If you haven't been before, volunteering is a great ice-breaker, you'll meet new people and really be part of the event. Whatever you can contribute will be appreciated and we will do everything we can to make sure you get as much out of your volunteering experience as you are giving.
It doesn't have to be a big commitment, even an hour or two can make a difference. Let us know what you can do and we will find a way for you to join in with the fun.
What volunteers does Bicon need?
Bicon needs all sorts of volunteers, for example:
- We need people before the event to spread the word, distribute flyers, and generally tell people who might be interested that Bicon is happening.
- At the event we need people to put up signs before the event kicks off and to take down signs when it's all over
- We need to people to staff the desk and welcome people as they arrive, point people in the right direction if they are lost and answer questions that arise.
- We need people to run programme sessions – talks, workshops, discussions, swaps, games and anything else that sounds interesting.
- We need people to perform for the evening entertainment.
- We need people to join the listening team and support anyone needing someone to talk to
- We need people to be 'gophers' running the million and one errands that invariably crop up to make sure that people and equipment are where they need to be when they are needed.
- And we need people for loads of other things, both in the run up to the event and during it.
However much time you can spare and whatever skills you have, we can use your help.
How do I volunteer?
If you would like to offer a session fill in the volunteer section on the booking form or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to volunteer in other ways fill in the volunteer section on the booking form or email email@example.com and tell us a bit about yourself and how you'd like to contribute. Please remember to include any access needs and how much time you can offer. We look forward to having you as part of BiCon's 2018s volunteer team.