Accommodation bookings have now closed. This information is for people who have already booked accommodation.
We are using Peel Park Quarter West, which is a set of accommodation blocks which are set around a shared grassed space. Some of this accommodation may be occupied by non-BiCon people such as Summer Schools, but each BiCon flat will be self contained and not shared with other people and most will be in the same block.
Flats have 5 to 8 rooms. If you want to share a flat with particular people you can tell us about this and we will do our best, but we cannot guarantee to house all groups together as we may get too many groups of a particular size.
We are using the Bronze ensuite bedrooms which are shown at this website https://www.mystudentvillage.com/uk/salfordstudentvillage/ (Under location select Peel Quarter with most information being in the "your room" and "photos" tabs).
Each bedroom contains:-
- Small double bed with mattress
- Mattress protector
- 2 pillows
- 1 duvet
- All cover sheets
- 1 bath towel
- 1 hand towel
- Desk and desk chair
- Wardrobe with 3 hangers
The ensuite bathrooms have sink, toilet and a shower with an approximately 10 cm step up into the shower cubicle itself which is quite snug.
The accommodation is self catering, and the shared kitchens are lovely and roomy with regular height dining table, a high counter and large sofa seating areas.
Each kitchen will contain:-
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 frying pan
- At least 1 large plate, small plate and bowl for every room
- At least 1 mug and glass for every room
- At least 1 fork, knife and tablespoon for every room
- Washing up materials: sponge, dish cloth, multi-surface cleaner spray and washing up liquid
- Iron and ironing board
- Dustpan and brush
There are 8 wheelchair accessible rooms in Peel Quarter, all in ground floor flats. Their kitchen and living areas are larger than average with accessible lowered counters and similar. We did not get to see these rooms or flats during our site visit due to students occupying them but as they are very new, we hope they will be of a high standard.
The accessible rooms include:-
- 27.5 sq. m incl. accessible bathroom
- Semi-permanent height desk
- Wardrobe with drop arm level
- 'Doc M' WC, shower with grab rails
- Emergency alarm pull cord (bathroom and bedroom)
- LED smoke alarm and vibrating pillow – we may have to request this for individual rooms so please ask if you need it
- Window winder
- Adapted kitchen worktops and appliances
We are aware the on-site accommodation may not meet some people's needs and some people may wish to consider some of the many off-site accommodation options nearby. The BiCon team do not have the capacity to recommend or book any off-site accommodation for attenders, but we encourage people to share information and chat about this on the BiCon UK Facebook community.